• (800) 463-6362
  • À PROPOS DE NOUS
  • ACHETER UN RAPPORT DE CRÉDIT EN LIGNE

Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling group, with more than 14,000 employees in 38 countries and revenues of €8.8 billion.

Umicore generates the majority of its revenues from clean technologies, such as recycling, emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and photovoltaics.

Umicore’s overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on an ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfills its mission: materials for a better life.

The Challenge: Cleansing and Integrating the Business Data

Umicore had embarked on an SAP project that required the integration of two large, independent, and very different platforms that each possessed an extensive database of customers and suppliers. Unfortunately, the platforms could not effectively share data because they lacked unique, common identifiers for the businesses in their databases.

As an example, the Belgian companies typically had VAT numbers, but many foreign companies did not. In addition, not all of the business data stored inside the databases was up to date.

Umicore officials recognized that they needed to implement cost-effective Master Data Management, both to cleanse the company’s existing data and to enable the SAP project to move forward.

The Solution: D&B Data Enrichment Services

Umicore turned to Dun & Bradstreet for data cleansing and enrichment services in a multi-phased process that leveraged the capabilities of the D&B Data Integration Toolkit and the D&B D-U-N-S Number.  Among its services, D&B enriched Umicore’s entire database by identifying all of Umicore’s customers and suppliers by their D-U-N-S Numbers to ensure that the companies are assigned their correct names, addresses, and registration numbers. D&B also identified corporate linkages among businesses in Umicore’s database to give Umicore a complete picture of the domestic and foreign companies with which it does business.

To help Umicore moving forward, the company established internal rules so it can match new customer and supplier data with the correct D-U-N-S Number, thus keeping its database accurate and up to date. And finally, D&B’s Data Integration Toolkit provides an interface that ensures that Umicore has access to global Dun & Bradstreet data in real-time.

Results & ROI: Reduced Duplicate and Fraudulent Payments

The collaboration with Dun & Bradstreet ran very smoothly. We were able to thoroughly cleanse 75 percent of our database of business data that was duplicated, no longer active, no longer used, or even mistyped. The remaining 25 percent of the data was validated and then enriched by internal teams at Umicore through manual search and matching in the GRS database of Dun & Bradstreet. As a result, Umicore was able to integrate the two databases with 99 percent validated business data.

Umicore has gained numerous benefits. The two databases of the two platforms have been integrated. Umicore has improved its handling and control of data, while its employees work more efficiently by avoiding duplication of effort. And the accurate data and up-to-date databases have helped the company to avoid duplicate and fraudulent payments.